The Direct Care Program allows your business to partner with local primary care physicians (PCP).
Your local PCP is a valued member of the community, working to keep everyone healthy. As part of Direct Care your employees will benefit from health care services such as:
• Yearly health screenings that include blood work, blood pressure, risk assessment, and follow-up.
• Oversight and direction for a Wellness Council with quarterly health promotions and education events.
• Dedicated website for members to access personal information and communicate with PCP clinic staff.
• Access to urgent care as well as expanded hours primary care services and a 24/7 emergency phone line to speak with a doctor to determine the need for emergency room services or urgent care.
• Coordination with members’ primary physicians, if not part of Direct Care, and referrals to other facilities and providers as needed.
• Access to Get Fit, Get Healthy (a Goshen Health System wellness program).
Direct Care saves money
Direct Care will minimize the overall cost of health care for your company and your employees. We provide analysis of health care claims data, then develop strategies to lower costs. You will have access to discounts on screenings such as mammograms and colonoscopies. Office visits are just $10. Any lab work, X-rays, or medications dispensed at the clinic will be billed at cost.
While onsite clinics typically charge a management fee per employee plus the operational costs of the clinic plus the lab costs of the HRA, with Direct Care everything is rolled into one flat fee.
In addition, there are no start-up costs for Direct Care, just one basic monthly fee charged per insured member and family members providing access to all services.
Healthy employees save money
There are many hidden costs associated with unhealthy employees. In addition to absentee time, unhealthy employees are unproductive employees. By increasing the health and wellness among employees you will enjoy the accompanying benefits of decreased absenteeism and increased productivity.
Plus, offering Direct Care can help your company attract and retain the best employees. And increased employee satisfaction enhances employer/employee relations and contributes to greater cooperation.
Generally, 20% of your employees result in 80% of your health care costs. Direct Care health screenings help identify those employees with the highest health care risks. By detecting and managing disease earlier, Direct Care reduces future health care costs for those individuals.